Grab your hardhat. Join our team.
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team — and helping them develop their careers with us once they’re on board. That’s why we promote from within and ensure our team members always have access to continuous training and development.
Otis Minnesota Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applications are considered active for a period of six months.
The culture at Otis Minnesota, is centered around our people. We are committed to delivering the infrastructure needs of tomorrow by developing the workforce required to make it happen. We recognize that building the strongest team means creating a team built on honesty and respect, where we all stand up for each other. Our team members are encouraged to collaborate, share ideas and learn from each other. When new hires join our team, it is the start of a career – not just a day job. Our culture is based on our four core values of safety, quality, commitment, and reputation, and we expect our team members to live by those values at work and at home.
Use the form below or email us (with your resume) to [email protected]
Location: Big Lake, MN
The Payroll Specialist performs payroll accounting and administrative duties to support the Payroll department including setting up necessary payroll codes, processing and auditing payroll, auditing payroll reports, and resolving payroll issues.
- Enter, prepare, and distribute payroll on a weekly basis utilizing Viewpoint Construction accounting software.
- Prepare all necessary year-end internal payroll reports (workers comp reports, etc.).
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
Required: Associate’s degree in accounting/finance/related field.
2 + years of experience in payroll
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of various payroll, financial systems, and processes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Fundamental understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint Construction software; In-depth knowledge of payroll processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, office equipment or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift in excess of 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee is required to work in an indoor environment.
Minnesota Limited, LLC reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position at its discretion. The position description should not be considered all-inclusive.
Federal Labor Standards Act designation – Non-Exempt